Designing for application awarenessThree significant drivers are driving the change away from
traditional performance monitoring:
- The need for application awareness
- The emergence of unified communications
- The expansion of monitoring into new areas
End-users are interested in applications, not network informationThe challenge for performance monitoring appliance vendors is how to build application awareness into their products, while at the same time assuring throughput performance in the face of growing data loads and network speeds.
Rethink what is designed in software and hardwareDe-coupling the network from the application layer and moving network functions to hardware allows appliance designers to focus on understanding applications and transactions and how they relate to the network.
De-coupling application intelligence from network line-speedEnd-users expect that performance monitoring appliances provide the same features and support no matter the line-rate.
- Intelligent network adapters provided by Napatech can identify well-known applications at line-speed by examining layer 1 to layer 4 header information
- Napatech network adapters provide the same features and support from 1G to 10G to 40G accessed via a single Application Programming Interface (API).