Napatech NFV NIC
THE NAPATECH NFV NIC
Consolidate your network functions virtualization (NFV) performance with high-end technology designed specifically for NFV. The Napatech NFV NIC is a common hardware platform that supports multiple acceleration solutions for virtualized environments. Based on a Xilinx UltraSCALE FPGA, the NFV NIC is production-ready and can be reconfigured on-the-fly to support specific acceleration functionality.
Supporting from 1G to 100G data rates, the NFV NIC is a versatile and flexible platform that can be used in multiple network locations. The programmability and re-configurability of FPGAs can be exploited to extend the lifetime of the NFV NIC and server hardware by allowing capacity, features and capabilities to be extended in line with data growth and new industry standards and demands.
Specific acceleration solutions are delivered as FPGA images that can be downloaded to the NFV NIC to support the given application.
• Supports multiple solutions on-the-fly
The re-configurable FPGA technology allows multiple acceleration solutions to be deployed on-the-fly.
• Supports multiple rates at various locations
Designed to support multiple data rates including 8x1Gbps, 4x10Gbps, 8×25 Gbps, 2×40 Gbps, 2×50 Gbps and 2×100 Gbps.
• Extends hardware lifetime and improves TCO
Can be upgraded on-the-fly with increased capacity, functionality and capabilities. This extends the lifetime of your infrastructure, reducing capital expenditure needs and operational costs.
• Enables centralized automation and management
Facilitates centralized automation and management as it supports multiple virtual services, applications and functions using the same hardware platform.
NAPATECH ACCELERATION SOLUTIONS
Napatech acceleration solutions are designed specifically for virtual environments. Examples include:
• Open Virtual Switch (OVS) Acceleration Solution
Napatech OVS Acceleration Solution enables full throughput data delivery to virtual functions with zero packet loss at high-speed, using only a single CPU core and without the need to bypass or fully offload the virtual switch to the NIC.
• Hardware Acceleration Solutions
Napatech Hardware Acceleration Solutions provide common data processing services, such as encryption and compression, that can operate at high data line rates using only a single CPU core.
• Full line-rate processing for all frames from 64 bytes to 10,000 bytes – keep or discard erroneous frames
• IEEE standard: IEEE 802.3 100 Gbps Ethernet support
• Network interface: 2 × QSFP28 ports
• Supported QSFP28 modules:100GBASE-SR4 and 100GBASE-LR4
• Data rate: 2 × 100 Gbps
• Typical CPU load: < 5%
• Time formats: PCAP-ns/-µs and UNIX 10 ns
• Time resolution: 4 ns
• Pluggable options for IEEE 1588-2008 PTP and PPS time synchronization
• Operating systems: Linux
• Napatech API for high performance and advanced features
• SDK tools included in source code for debugging and prototyping and as application examples
• Bus type: 16-lane 8 GT/s PCIe Gen3*
• 5 GB onboard DDR4 RAM
• Flash: Support for two boot images
• Built-in thermal protection
• Physical dimensions: ½-length and low-profile PCIe
• Weight excluding 2 x QSFP28:
• NT200B01: 455 g
• MTBF according to UTE C 80-810:
• NT200B01: TBD hours
• Power consumption including 2 x QSFP28:
• NT200B01: max 75 Watts
ENVIRONMENT FOR NT200B01
• Operating temperature: 0 °C to 45 °C (32 °F to 113 °F)
• Operating humidity: 20% to 80%
REGULATORY APPROVALS AND COMPLIANCES
Please contact Napatech for more information.