with Link™ Capture Software
2×1/10G, 8x10G, 2×10/25G, 4×10/25G, 2x40G, 2x100G
Use cutting-edge SmartNIC technology to add real-time line-rate performance to your application. The NT200A02 SmartNIC provides full packet capture of network data at 100 Gbps and of traffic bursts at 200 Gbps with zero packet loss. Nanosecond precision time-stamping and merge of packets from multiple ports ensures correct timing and sequencing of packets. The SmartNIC can also be used for 100% packet replay with nanosecond precision of all networking traffic for analytics, testing and simulation.
The NT200A02 SmartNIC enables full utilization of CPU cores through advanced receive side scaling with support for tunneling protocols, such as GTP, IP-in-IP, NVGRE and VxLAN. The NT200A02 SmartNIC can also remove duplicate packets, slice packets and filter packets to reduce the amount of data and thereby offload the server system and applications. Stateful flow processing with support for 140 million flows enables CPU-hungry applications, such as Suricata, to intelligently select exactly which flows to process and which to ignore. Flow records are maintained for all flows and reported to the application. The NT200A02 SmartNIC also comes in a NEBS level 3 compliant variant.
Napatech SmartNICs enable implementation of high-performance network appliances based on standard servers. Examples of applications include:
• Quality of experience optimization
• Financial latency measurement
• Customer experience analysis
• Data loss prevention
• Cyber defense
• Fraud detection and compliance management
• Infrastructure management and security
• Network and application performance
• Troubleshooting and compliance
Compatible Capture Software
Link™ Capture Software
Link™ Capture Software is ideal for performing high-speed packet capture with nanosecond timestamping and replay with precise inter-frame gap control.
To generate and control the airflow, the Napatech design contains a blower that takes in air from the top and bottom of the SmartNIC, thereby doubling the amount of air and ensuring superior cooling.
- Durable design for extended real-life operation
- Free choice of server platform
- Reduced noise and power-consumption as server-fans can run at minimum speed
- Freedom to pack unlimited FPGA SmartNICs into a standard server
- No airflow dependency to server
- Well-defined cooling of all critical components
- Guaranteed device hot spot temperatures
- Maximized airflow, ensuring optimal thermal performance
- Dissipated energy exhaled outside server through front plate cutouts
- Significant reduction in temperature drop between FPGA die and heat sink surface
- Mechanical stiffener enabling higher screw torque for fastening heatsink to the PCB
Napatech upholds the highest quality, environmental and safety standards, and complies with all applicable regulations across regions. This helps our customers to realize a seamless integration without delays – and ensures error-free operation throughout the product life cycle.
Ethernet Front Port Compliance
The SmartNIC design maximizes mechanical and electrical front port margin, securing trouble-free operation with the optical or electrical modules of the customer’s choice.
The thermal design is validated dissipating the maximum power level as standardized for the given form factor. Margin on the data interface has been optimized tuning the equalization parameters of the transceivers hosting the front port channel, maximizing EYE margin to the relevant standard.
All Napatech designs have passed EMC compliance testing for major regions, including Europe and North America. By ensuring compliance as an integral part of the design, the risk of delays is eliminated. Moreover, the EMC testing has been performed in a mainstream server, potentially directly applicable to the use case.
The end product (server + installed SmartNIC) must adhere to regional environmental legislation. To enable trouble-free server integration, Napatech SmartNICs are manufactured using only materials that fully comply with the current RoHS, REACH and proprietary Tier 1 legislation.
Full compliance from early inception eliminates the risk delays and product withdrawal due to authority intervention.
Event Handling & System Monitoring
In order for the SmartNIC to become an integral part of the server environment and maximize uptime, it needs to monitor and expose key performance metrics to the application during operation. Napatech SmartNICs monitor the following metrics:
- Blower speed
- Hot spot temperatures
- Key supply voltages and currents
- PCI protocol events
- General system events
With the PCI interface on the SmartNIC dictated by the server plane, the hardware maximizes mechanical and electrical PCI margin, ensuring trouble-free operation in the server and server slot(s) of the customer’s choice. All designs have passed relevant PCI-SIG tests and have been adopted on the PCI-SIG integrators list.
To enable trouble-free server integration, Napatech SmartNICs are fully compliant with all applicable safety standards.
By ensuring safety compliance as an integral part of the SmartNIC design, the risk of delays is eliminated. Compliance testing is performed in a mainstream server, potentially directly applicable to the use case.
Conflict Minerals Compliance
To ensure quick and trouble-free server integration, Napatech SmartNICs are manufactured using only materials that fully comply with the relevant Conflict Mineral Legislation. For US based SmartNIC integrators, this facilitates submission of the mandatory Conflict Mineral report to SEC.
Shock & Vibration Robustness
Many server environments expose the SmartNIC to substantial shock and vibration, predominantly during the transportation phase. To ensure trouble-free server integration and operational robustness throughout the product life cycle, validated design aspects include:
- Cooling enclosure for superior mechanical stiffness
- Key exposed components are under-filled (glued) to the PCB
- Shock robustness validated against JESD22-B110A
- Vibration robustness validated against ASTM D4169-09
Used across industries
Detect Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) and other breaches to your network at 2×1/10G, 8x10G, 2×10/25G, 4×10/25G, 2x40G or 2x100G – no activity goes unnoticed.
Across industries, cyber assaults are accumulating at alarming rates. Hackers are constantly refining their tactics and repeatedly circumventing static defenses.
To identify any suspicious activity on your network, you need full visibility at all times. Even a marginal fraction of information lost can potentially compromise the safety of your business. Who has been on your network, what have they done, and when exactly did they do it? A myriad of intelligent security solutions are available to help you answer these questions – but to deliver the needed insights, they need fully reliable data. And with network speeds advancing to 40G or 100G, the challenge of attaining reliable data is firmly growing.
With the Napatech NT200A02 SmartNIC, we help you ensure that no data is lost and no activity goes unnoticed. Napatech provides guaranteed delivery of network data, and supply all the information needed for effective forensic analysis in real-time, even at speeds up to 40G or 100G. This means a much shorter response time, improved mitigation and ultimately a reinforced security.
With the increasing number of telecom carriers migrating to 25G, 40G, 50G and 100G solutions, the need to continually upgrade network performance is growing. But monitoring and analyzing 2x100G of communication brings certain challenges. The common approach requires a comprehensive system of numerous 10G lines connected to a range of appliances – but this escalates both complexity and cost.
The NT200A02 SmartNIC from Napatech enables direct analysis of 100G with just a single server. It merges upstream and downstream data so specific information can be delivered directly to the right CPU core even for fragmented traffic and GTP tunnels. This lowers the processing load on the CPUs and enables the application to efficiently analyze the target data in 1U form factor servers.
With the NT200A02 SmartNIC, applications will be able to monitor performance and analyze quality of experience even at 40G or 100G. This enables telecom operators to improve quality, while better managing the bandwidth challenges posed by rich media applications.
Cloud and data center
Maintaining performance while enhancing services to accommodate 100G and beyond is fundamental to the long-term viability of cloud and data center businesses. Data center managers are further challenged to retain the lowest possible CAPEX and OPEX.
With the NT200A02 SmartNIC, Napatech is helping the industry to tackle these challenges. Because of its compact design, this solution enables 2x40G/2x100G applications in 1U server platforms, thus saving rack space and cutting costs while maintaining integrity and performance.
With its intuitive plug and play features, this solution can be seamlessly integrated and significantly accelerate time-to-market, even for advanced Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) and netflow based applications. As Napatech FPGA SmartNICs provide the freedom to mix and match ports and speeds, customers can continually scale their solutions to accommodate the ever-changing market dynamics.
With the colossal growth of web-based applications and cloud services, users are demanding greater access to data at faster speeds. Network operators are in continuous pursuit of more effective monitoring and analysis solutions to help them boost performance. But even the best solutions cannot deliver without completely reliable data.
The NT200A02 SmartNIC guarantees quick and accurate data delivery even at 40G or 100G. Traffic on the two 40G or 100G ports is timestamped with nanosecond precision and delivered to the network application in the right order – a huge benefit for the analysis of network traffic. This enables network solutions to instantly and effectively identify and remediate any performance issues – and ultimately helps to optimize infrastructure, increase network uptime and reduce the number of man-hours required to identify any issues.
Feature Highlights and Specifications
|Rx Packet Processing||• Zero packet loss for packet size 64 – 10,000 bytes
• Sustained traffic up to ~112 Gbps (PCIe3 ×16 packet bandwidth)
• Line rate 2 × 100 Gbps traffic burst, 500 milliseconds buffering
• Multi-port packet merge, sequenced in time stamp order
• L2, L3 and L4 protocol classification
• GTP, IP-in-IP, GRE, NVGRE, VxLAN, Pseudowire, Fabric Path, VNtag tunneling support
• Pattern match, network port, protocol, length, and error filters
• Custom flow definitions based on 2-, 3-, 4-, 5- or 6-tuple
• Flow match/actions: Forward to application or network port or drop packet
• Stateful flow management
• 140 million bidirectional IPv4 or IPv6 flows
• Learning rate: 3 million flows/sec
• TCP flow termination, flow timeout, or application-requested
• Flow records with Rx packet/byte counters and TCP flags
• Stateless flow management
• Up to 36,000 IPv4 or up to 7,500 IPv6 2-tuple flows
• Custom hash keys, symmetric hash key option
• CPU load distribution based on hash key or filter or per flow
• 128 Rx queues, 16 MB – 1 TB Rx buffer size
• Packet descriptors with metadata
• IP fragment handling
• Slicing at dynamic offset or fixed offset from start or end of packet
• Extended RMON1 and counters per filter and per queue
|Tx Packet Processing||• Line rate Tx up to 100 Gbps for packet size 64 – 10,000 bytes
• Replay as captured with nanoseconds precision
• Per-port traffic shaping
• Port-to-port forwarding
• 128 Tx queues, 4 MB Tx buffer size
|Time Stamping and Synchronization||• Rx time stamp and Tx time stamp inject
• OS time, PPS and IEEE 1588-2008 PTP V2 synchronization
• Synchronization between SmartNICs
• Time stamp formats: Unix 10 ns, Unix 1 ns, PCAP 1 us, PCAP 1 ns
|Network Standards||• IEEE 802.3 1G, 10G, 25G, 40G and 100G Ethernet|
|Supported pluggable modules||• 1000BASE-T, SX, LX, ZX
• 10GBASE-SR, CR, LR, ER
• 25GBASE-SR, LR, LR-BiDi
• 40GBASE-SR4, SR-BiDi, CR4, LR4
• 100GBASE-SR4, SR-BiDi, LR4
• Breakout to 4x10GBASE-SR, CR, LR
• Breakout to 4x25GBASE-SR, LR
|Software||• Operating systems: Linux and Windows
• libpcap, WinPcap and DPDK
• Napatech NTAPI for highest performance and advanced features
• SDK tools included in source code for debugging and prototyping and as application examples
|Hardware||• Xilinx XCVU5P FPGA
• 12 GB DDR4 SDRAM
• PCIe Gen3 16 lanes @ 8 GT/s
• 2 × QSFP28 network ports
• RJ45-F 100/1000BASE-T IEEE1588 PTP
• SMA-F PPS input/output
• 2 × internal MCX-F PPS and NT-TS time sync
• Stratum-3-compliant TCXO, (Stratum-3E-compliant TXCO is available on demand)
• Flash memory with support for two boot images
• Built-in thermal protection
• Physical dimensions: 1⁄2-length and full-height PCIe
• Weight excluding pluggable modules:
• NT200A02-SCC: 355 g
• NT200A02-NEBS: 350 g
• MTBF according to UTE C 80-810:
• NT200A02-SCC: 317,821 hours
• NT200A02-NEBS: 398,565 hours
• Power consumption including 100GBASE-SR4 modules and typical traffic load:
• NT200A02-SCC: 75 Watts
• NT200A02-NEBS: 75 Watts
|Environment for NT200A02-SCC||• Operating temperature: 0 °C to 45 °C (32 °F to 113 °F)
• Operating humidity: 20% to 80%
|Environment for NT200A02-NEBS||• Operating temperature: –5 °C to 55 °C (23 °F to 131 °F) measured around the SmartNIC
• Operating humidity: 5% to 85% • Altitude: < 1,800 m
• Airflow: >= 2.5 m/s
|Regulatory Approvals and Compliances||• PCI-SIG®, NEBS level 3, CE, CB, RoHS, REACH, cURus (UL), FCC, ICES, VCCI, RCM|
|Product:||Data Rates included:|
|NT200A02-2×100/40||2 × 100 Gbps and 2 × 40 Gbps|
|NT200A02-2×40/8×10||2 × 40 Gbps and 8 × 10 Gbps|
|NT200A02-2×25/10/2×40||2 × 10/25 Gbps and 2 × 40 Gbps|
|NT200A02-4×25/10/2×40||4 × 10/25 Gbps and 2 × 40 Gbps|
|NT200A02-8×10/2×40||8 × 10 Gbps and 2 × 40 Gbps|
|NT200A02-2×10/1/2×25/10||2 × 1/10 Gbps and 2 × 10/25 Gbps|
Also avaible in NEBS variants.