with Link-Capture™ Software
The NT20E3 SmartNIC provides full packet capture and analysis of Ethernet LAN at 20 Gbps with zero packet loss for all frame sizes. Intelligent features accelerate application performance with extremely low CPU load. Flexible time synchronization support is included with a dedicated PTP port.
1G/10G port speed automatically selected by the transceiver modules used.
For any link speed at any time
PLUG & PLAY
Out of the box solution
Multiple FPGA SmartNICs in one server
Synchronize multiple servers
Accelerate your application
Full throughput with zero packet loss
Multiple speeds in one server
More powerful server usage
To generate and control the airflow, the Napatech design contains a blower that takes in air from the top and bottom of the SmartNIC, thereby doubling the amount of air and ensuring superior cooling.
- Durable design for extended real-life operation
- Free choice of server platform
- Reduced noise and power-consumption as server-fans can run at minimum speed
- Freedom to pack unlimited FPGA SmartNICs into a standard server
- No airflow dependency to server
- Well-defined cooling of all critical components
- Guaranteed device hot spot temperatures
- Maximized airflow, ensuring optimal thermal performance
- Dissipated energy exhaled outside server through front plate cutouts
- Significant reduction in temperature drop between FPGA die and heat sink surface
- Mechanical stiffener enabling higher screw torque for fastening heatsink to the PCB
Napatech upholds the highest quality, environmental and safety standards, and complies with all applicable regulations across regions. This helps our customers to realize a seamless integration without delays – and ensures error-free operation throughout the product life cycle.
Ethernet Front Port Compliance
The SmartNIC design maximizes mechanical and electrical front port margin, securing trouble-free operation with the optical or electrical modules of the customer’s choice.
The thermal design is validated dissipating the maximum power level as standardized for the given form factor. Margin on the data interface has been optimized tuning the equalization parameters of the transceivers hosting the front port channel, maximizing EYE margin to the relevant standard.
All Napatech designs have passed EMC compliance testing for major regions, including Europe and North America. By ensuring compliance as an integral part of the design, the risk of delays is eliminated. Moreover, the EMC testing has been performed in a mainstream server, potentially directly applicable to the use case.
The end product (server + installed SmartNIC) must adhere to regional environmental legislation. To enable trouble-free server integration, Napatech SmartNICs are manufactured using only materials that fully comply with the current RoHS, REACH and proprietary Tier 1 legislation.
Full compliance from early inception eliminates the risk delays and product withdrawal due to authority intervention.
Event Handling & System Monitoring
In order for the SmartNIC to become an integral part of the server environment and maximize uptime, it needs to monitor and expose key performance metrics to the application during operation. Napatech SmartNICs monitor the following metrics:
- Blower speed
- Hot spot temperatures
- Key supply voltages and currents
- PCI protocol events
- General system events
With the PCI interface on the SmartNIC dictated by the server plane, the hardware maximizes mechanical and electrical PCI margin, ensuring trouble-free operation in the server and server slot(s) of the customer’s choice. All designs have passed relevant PCI-SIG tests and have been adopted on the PCI-SIG integrators list.
To enable trouble-free server integration, Napatech SmartNICs are fully compliant with all applicable safety standards.
By ensuring safety compliance as an integral part of the SmartNIC design, the risk of delays is eliminated. Compliance testing is performed in a mainstream server, potentially directly applicable to the use case.
Conflict Minerals Compliance
To ensure quick and trouble-free server integration, Napatech SmartNICs are manufactured using only materials that fully comply with the relevant Conflict Mineral Legislation. For US based SmartNIC integrators, this facilitates submission of the mandatory Conflict Mineral report to SEC.
Shock & Vibration Robustness
Many server environments expose the SmartNIC to substantial shock and vibration, predominantly during the transportation phase. To ensure trouble-free server integration and operational robustness throughout the product life cycle, validated design aspects include:
- Cooling enclosure for superior mechanical stiffness
- Key exposed components are under-filled (glued) to the PCB
- Shock robustness validated against JESD22-B110A
- Vibration robustness validated against ASTM D4169-09
Used across industries
Security data collection
- Intrusion Detection Systems / Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
- Unified Threat Management (UTM)
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Advanced Persistent Threats (ATP)
Our solutions deliver data to applications that help governments see all data running through their networks. Recognizing malicious packages and suspicious patterns allows governments to take preemptive measures to stop criminals before or during an attack, safeguarding sensitive government information as well as the personal data of citizens.
Quality of experience optimization
Our solutions deliver data security to applications that analyze quality of experience. Doing so enables telecoms to improve quality, while better managing the bandwidth challenges posed by rich media applications.
Network behavior simulation
Our solutions deliver data to, and receive data from, applications that enable telecom operators to simulate real-life subscriber behavior with a variety of applications and services. These applications generate insights that lead to better decision-making regarding infrastructure, service upgrades, and deployment.
Ultimate tech specs
|TECH SPECS||NT20E3-2-PTP & NT20E3-2-PTP-NEBS|
|Network Interfaces||• Standard: IEEE 802.3 1 Gbps or 10 Gbps Ethernet LAN
• Physical interface: 2 x SFP or SFP+ ports
|Supported Modules||• Supported SFP modules: Multi-mode SX, single-mode LX and ZX, 1000BASE-T or 10/100/1000BASE-T
• Supported SFP+ modules: Multi-mode SR, singlemode LR and ER, 10GBASE-CR
• Supported dual-rate modules: Multi-mode SR and singlemode LR
|Performance||• Capture rate: From 2 x 1 Gbps to 2 x 10 Gbps
dependent on transceiver module used
• Transmit rate: From 2 x 1 Gbps to 2 x 10 Gbps
dependent on transceiver module used
• CPU load: 5%
|On-Board IEEE 1588-2008 (PTP V2)||• Full IEEE 1588-2008 stack
Stratum 3 compliant TCXO
• Packet Delay Variation (PDV) filter
• PTP master and slave in IEEE 1588-2008 default profile
• PTP slave in IEEE 1588-2008 telecom and power profiles
|Hardware Time Stamp||• Resolution: 1 ns
• Stratum 3 compliant TCXO
|Time Formats||• PCAP-ns/-μs
• NDIS 10 ns/100 ns
• UNIX 10 ns
|Time Synchronization||• External connectors: Dedicated pluggable
• Internal connectors: 2 for daisy-chain support
|Pluggable Options for Time Synchronization||• PPS for GPS and CDMA
• IEEE 1588-2008 (PTP v2)
• NT-TS for accelerator-to-accelerator time sync
|Host Interface and Memory||• Bus type: 8-lane 8 GT/s PCIe Gen3
• PCIe performance: full duplex
• Onboard RAM: 4 GB DDR3
• Flash: Supports 2 boot images
|Statistics||• RMON1 counters plus jumbo frame counters per port
• Frame and byte counters per color (filter) and per host buffer
• Counter sets always delivered as a consistent time-stamped snapshot
|Environment for NT20E3-2-PTP||• Operating temperature: 0° to 45°C (32° to 113°F)
• Operating humidity: 20% to 80%
|Environment for NT20E3-2-PTP-NEBS||• Operating temperature (up to 1,800 m and airflow of at least 2,5 m/s):
–5 °C to 55 °C (23 °F to 131 °F) measured around the SmartNIC
• Operating humidity: 5% to 85%
|OS Support||• Linux
|Software||• Easy-to-integrate NT-API
• libpcap support
• WinPcap support
• Software PTP stack
|Physical Dimensions||• 1/2-length PCIe
• Full-height PCIe
|Regulatory Approvals and Compliances||• PCI-SIG®
• NEBS level 3
• cURus (UL)